- How far in advance do I need to schedule an appointment?
Two to three weeks is the average time one needs to schedule an appointment with our clinics. However, if you have an urgent need, please call even on short notice. We sometimes have cancellations or re-schedules and may be able to work you in.
- Who do I call to schedule my appointment or if I need more information prior to my arrival?
- My insurance covers some alternative health care. Does that mean that it will cover costs at Sierra Integrative Medical Center?
Not necessarily. We are not a participating provider with any insurance companies or with Medicare. However, the receipts that we provide our patients have all the necessary procedure codes required by the insurance companies. This receipt allows the patient to submit the items to their insurance companies for reimbursement. The amount of reimbursement depends totally on the individual plan and coverage.
- How long will my treatment take?
This varies from person to person. The average is 20-30 treatments depending upon the severity of illness. A patient takes one treatment per day, which includes intravenous therapy and injections. The clinic is open Monday through Friday. Follow up office visits are scheduled once a week for your individualized health care needs.
- If I decide to do this, do I still keep taking my medications?
DO NOT STOP taking your prescribed medications. Once you have met with our doctor and had your tests and evaluations, the doctor will help you make that decision.
- Will treatments make me sick?
Sometimes you may have a headache, upset stomach or other symptoms especially during detoxification. It is very important to follow instructions implicitly and communicate any discomforts to the medical staff.
- Is it true that I shouldn't wear any fragrances during treatment?
Yes. That is true. In fact, we ask that you do not wear any fragrance to the clinic at any time. Many of our patients are very sensitive and we want everyone to be as comfortable as possible.
- What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
- The information packet mailed to you
- New patient forms, filled out and signed
- Something to keep you occupied (book, crossword puzzle, music etc.)
- Bottled water
- A medium to large tote bag with easy to carry handles
- A snack to eat after your lab work ( if you were asked to fast)
PLEASE DO NOT BRING VALUABLES OR LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH TO THE CLINIC. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
- What can I expect on the first day of my evaluations?
- You should arrive 30 minutes before your first scheduled appointment to complete paperwork. When you enter the clinic, check in at the front desk. They will give you a clipboard with the necessary additional paperwork. When you have completed and signed all pages, return everything to the front desk including the forms you brought with you.
- An Electrodermal Screening Test will be done before you see the physician.
- A Medical Assistant will call you to take your vital signs and history; then you will have a consultation and evaluation with the doctor.
- After you’re done with your first appointment, a lab technician or medical assistant will show you the cost of each laboratory test ordered by the doctor, then you should stop at the front desk and speak with our scheduler who will give you the schedule for the next day, and check out with our billing department.
- What can I expect on the second and third day of my evaluation/consultation?
On the second and third day, you will participate in and/or receive an explanation of the following:
- Toxic Metal skin testing if ordered by the doctor.
- Treatment protocols
- Viral blood test results (if applicable)
- Administration of detoxification IV therapies (if recommended by doctor)
- List of recommended oral supplements